A Novel of New Amsterdam
The Mevrouw Who Saved Manhattan
"[A] romp through the history of New Netherland that would surely have Petrus Stuyvesant complaining about the riot transpiring between its pages."
- de Halve Maen, Journal of the Holland Society of New York
Stories & Stuff
An Gallery of Beauty, Joy & Renewal in a Crazy Year
Despite last year’s trials, I found inspirational rewards in my rambling around – through Red Rock Arizona in February, Brooklyn through the spring, & continuing mid-July to September with my annual sojourn to the mountains, last year to the Wind River, Tetons, & Absarokas of Wyoming. Share the beauty of 2020 with me.
News & Views
Join me in Conversation with New York State Archivist Tom Ruller about A Dirty Year
On New York
- Description of Times Square by Kitty Marion, c. 1918
- Journalist Gene Fowler, who moved to NYC from Denver, c. 1915
- Neil Young, on writing his autobiography after breaking his toe.
- Jack Kerouac
- Bat Masterson, found on his typewriter when he died, 1931.
- Garrison Keillor, 2021